Saturday, January 23, 2010

Tot in the Kitchen: Surprise Carrot Cake


Mishke's birthday, and he loves carrot cake, so Bean and I decided to spend some time tonight making a mess/birthday surprise while he was at work. I found the recipe on the flour box! (after I bought cake flour for this recipe.)


It is a super-moist cake! I wound up using store bought frosting, because I was worried my cream cheese frosting would rip holes in the top of the cake. And because by the time I got to frosting it all I could think about was sleeeeeep.

Happy Birthday my Love!

I have a picture of the finished product but suddenly my computer will not let me upload the picture . . .

Surprise Carrot Cake (Source: Pilsbury Softasilk Cake Flour)
-2 1/4 cups Softasilk Cake Flour
-1 1/2 cups sugar
-2 tsp baking soda
-2 tsp cinnamon
-1/2 tsp salt
-1/2 tsp ground allspice or ginger (I used pumpkin pie spice)
-3/4 cup mayonnaise (I was short an egg so used an extra 3 tbsp mayo)
-3 large eggs
-1 8oxs can crushed pineapple in juice, undrained
-2 cups finely shredded carrots
-3/4 cup chopped pecans

-Preheat oven to 350
-Grease and flour two 9" cake pans
-Mix dry ingredients in medium bowl (flour through allspice)
-Mix mayonnaise, eggs, and pineapple in a large bowl
-Gradually add dry mixture, beating until well combined
-Add carrots and pecans and mix well
-Pour into prepared pans and bake for 28 mins
-Remove and allow to cool fully on cooling rack before frosting

No comments:

Post a Comment