Thursday, December 3, 2009

It's Beginning to Smell a Lot Like Christmas Part I: Cranberry Beef

I have no idea where I copied this recipe down from. If it's your recipe, please tell me, and I'll share the love!

It smells seriously amazing cooking. Just like Christmas! Well, beefy Christmas . . .

We served it with wholewheat couscous and steamed carrots

Cranberry Beef
-1lb ground beef
-1/2 container sliced mushrooms
-1 cup tomato sauce
-Ginger, cinnamon, and ground cloves to taste
-1 cup fresh cranberries

-Saute ground beef and mushrooms (original recipe called for onions, but we don't really dig them) over lowish heat for about fifteen minutes
-Season with spices (original recipe called for chili powder too, but we seem to be out of it.)
-Add cranberries and tomato sauce and simmer 15 further minutes.
-Enjoy eating and how good it smells!
Disregard the crummy picture. Camera battery is dead, so this is a cellphone picture.

As a post-eating modification: the cranberries are pretty naturally tart in this dish. I'm a cranberry wimp, so next time I make this, I would probably add a little balsamic and some agave to knock the edge off them.

No comments:

Post a Comment