Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Shake Your Bean-Beans

I have no idea if Ricky Martin has anything to do with these beans. But if I were him I wouldn't complain about having my name associated with them. They're so easy, and it's way too easy to eat too many of them.

Ricky Martin's Beans & Rice
Source: On My Menu (tweaked ever so slightly)

-2 tbsp olive oil
-1 chopped onion
-1/4 cup chopped red bell pepper
-4 garlic cloves, minced
-1/4 cup tomato sauce
-3/4 cup water
-1/4 teaspoon Italian Seasoning
-1 can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
-White rice

-In a large saucepan, saute onion, pepper, and garlic in oil until softened
-Stir in water, tomato sauce, and oregano and bring to a boil
-Stir in beans
-Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer 15 minutes, stirring occasionally
-Serve with rice.

No comments:

Post a Comment