Friday, November 20, 2009

Feta Pork Chop Skillet

I like boneless pork chops because they are tender and lean, but I tend not to cook much pork because it's often pretty full of hormones and nasty additives.

(or maybe it's because in high school my best friend used to call me "the other white meat" because of how unfortunately pale I am.)

This recipe is really yummy. Salty, but yummy. Sodiyummy.

We served it with couscous and cherry tomatoes. And several glasses of water.

Feta Pork Chop Skillet
Source: What's On My Menu (originally from Sisters Cafe) - this version reflects my couple mini-adaptations
-2 tbsp Greek Seasoning
-1 tsp minced garlic
-1 pinch black pepper
-1 tbsp olive oil
-5 think cut boneless pork chops
-¼ cup lemon juice
-4 ozs feta cheese with basil and sun-dried tomatoes
-1 summer squash and two zucchini

Directions:
-Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat
-Dip pork chops in lemon juice, and spread both sides with seasoning
-Place pork chops in skillet, drizzle with some of remaining lemon juice, and sear both sides, about 7 minutes per side.
-Remove pork and add squash to pan, cook until caramelized and tender
-Sprinkle feta on top of chops; cover skillet, and cook until cheese begins to melt, about 5 minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment