Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Ambrosia (is not a salad)

I mean, it's just not.

I don't know who has managed to convince themselves that whipped topping is a salad ingredient, but I think that state is called denial.

That being said - God bless whoever invented Ambrosia. I don't care what part of a meal it falls under, I love it and I love it some more. Especially when pregnant.

There's some irony to this. I just drove a 1.5 hour round trip today to get my hair colored at a salon that uses all natural products to try to avoid exposing our unborn to unnecessary chemicals. And yet I'm readily contemplating an evening cuddled up with a serving bowl of whipped topping-infused salad, a spoon (heck, I'll take a ladle) and Glee.

Polysorbate 60, anyone? On second thoughts, no. I'm not sharing . . .

Ambrosia
Source: Mishmosh of different versions

-8ozs container low fat whipped topping
-2.5 cups dessicated coconut
-1 can each mandarins, fruit cocktail, pineapple chunks
-3 cups mini marshmallows
-1 jar maraschino cherries, drained

-Mix it all up, refrigerate if you can handle the wait, and consume in mass quantities.

No picture. This is just ugly food.

No comments:

Post a Comment