Monday, February 21, 2011

When Hyperbole are Worth It: OMG Chinese Beef with Broccoli

Please take this post as a public service announcement.

You. Must. Make. This.

Backstory - Mishke's mom is a great budget grocery shopper, and her son has inherited her talents. His first instinct at the store is to pick up the flyer, which I never remember to do, and plan meals around it. (I'm trying to train myself, really I am.) A couple weeks ago we made a rare (one year old + 3 year old in tow - you get the picture?) family trip to the grocery and Mishke discovered flank steak on super sale.

If you know me in real life, it won't surprise you that I don't think I've ever had flank steak before. My English heritage is never more present than in my taste for only the dryest, crumbliest, most well- (over-) cooked pieces of beef. They had Mad Cow disease there, people. I'm just sayin'.

Anyway, I digress. We got the flank steak and I searched my google reader for a recipe for it. This was listed in the "OMG Recipes" section of a blog I enjoy: Sweetnicks.
I can't even begin to tell you how much it was worthy of that distinction.

Chinese Beef with Broccoli (Source: Sweetnicks)
Cooking note: I felt like the portions were generous in this, although I defy you to leave the leftovers alone.
We served this over microwave yaki soba noodles.

Usually I rewrite the recipe as we made it, but as we followed this one exactly and the blog is totally worth checking out, I'm just leaving you with the link above.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for visiting my blog ♥ I hope you love Cashew Gravy ~ we do! Kelsey

    ReplyDelete